Nepal Virtual Tour: Exploring Kathmandu with Somita
“Being a woman in the travel sector is a challenge in Nepal; the payment is not fair, one is not taken seriously and only the idea that a woman alone accompanies tourists to various places; that is where the imagination ends for many.” – Somita, Nepalese guide
On this Nepal virtual tour I would like to show you everything about Bhaktapur Durbar Square, a piece of world cultural heritage. It’s always bustling here; Locals and visitors are equally represented. BUT it has a very peaceful ambience with all of its old temples and buildings all around. It has been my absolute favourite place since I was a child and I am sure that you will also find it great, even if only virtually.
I am 26 years old and I have a Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management. I am originally from Eastern Nepal. Being a woman in the travel sector is a challenge in Nepal; the payment is not fair, one is not taken seriously and only the idea that a woman alone accompanies tourists to various places; that is where the imagination ends for many. But I consider myself lucky that I am employed by a very good company, but unfortunately that does not apply to all of my colleagues. I decided to change that.
I try to travel as much as possible and I encourage other Nepalese women to do the same – of course, they also have to have the financial means to do so. I hope you will join me to explore my city, talk and learn about life in Nepal.
How it works:
- Somita’s tour will take place on the date indicated via Zoom.
- The tour is live and you will be able to talk and ask her questions
- Once purchased you will receive a confirmation, followed by the joining instructions.
- One booking per device: you may join with family/friends as long as you all join from the same device.
- You will have the opportunity to tip Somita directly, and 100% of this will go to her.
- Somita also benefits from a share of the profit from every place sold
Want to learn more about our virtual travel experiences? Click here.
There are no reviews yet.